Learn more about
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Wild Bird Trust of British Columbia (WBT) is responsible for the stewardship of Maplewood Flats Conservation Area. Our work is made possible through the support of our donors and funders, as well as contributions by members, volunteers, and social enterprise revenues (nature house rentals and nursery sales).
Your financial contributions support ongoing projects of great need including:
- restoring more previously industrialized areas of Maplewood Flats
- increasing Coast Salish plant vegetation to increase biodiversity
- improving signage and interpretive displays
- programming the Nature House and increasing access to our educational programs
- planning longterm with a strategic Habitat and Cultural-Use Management Plan
- ensuring public washroom access
- publishing education materials on issues of concern and interest
Send a cheque
Send a personal cheque to:
Wild Bird Trust of British Columbia
2649 Dollarton Highway
North Vancouver, BC V7H 1B1
In just a few minutes, you can make a difference by supporting Wild Bird Trust of BC.
The Wild Bird Trust of BC provides opportunities to mark major life events in a meaningful way, while supporting our valuable conservation and restoration work. By purchasing a bench, tree, or custom art feature sited in a special location at the Flats, residents may honour a dearly departed family member or friend, or celebrate a significant event such as a birth or marriage.
Become a member
Be the first to know about upcoming events, workshops, nature walks, and festivals; Receive a copy of our semi-annual magazine Wingspan; Enjoy special members’ pricing on select workshops and events; Support our efforts to steward Maplewood Flats.
So much of what we do relies on people showing up to offer their time, skills, and passion. Maplewood Flats provides a diverse and exciting range of volunteer opportunities. Whether you are a university student looking for real world practical experience, a retiree seeking to share your talents, or a local resident keen to give back to your community.