Calling all Wild Bird Trust of BC nature photographers!
Share your love for the birds, plants, insects and wildlife at the Conservation Area at Maplewood Flats. The Flats are home to 4, blue-listed (at-risk) bird species, with a total of 251 species which have been spotted or heard within the 76-acre protected area. There is also a variety of non-bird wildlife, as well as beautiful habitat, insects, and plants.
submission deadline extended to October 21!
Photo by Nicolas Ladino Silva from Unsplash
Whether you're a professional or a beginner nature-loving photographer, we invite you to submit your favourite images!
The competition consists of large-format digital photos taken at Maplewood Flats of plants and flowers as well as birds and wildlife. Up to 20 photos/photographers will be selected for exhibition at the Nature House.
In addition to being included in the exhibit, related promotions, and invited to the opening reception, winning photographers will:
- Receive a high quality, 16” x 24’ print of their work.
- Photographers will also have the option to have their winning photo submitted for consideration in our Coast Salish Wild Bird Calendar 2022.
- Winning photographers will each receive three 2022 Calendars.
The exhibit runs from Saturday, November 6 to Sunday, January 2, 2022.
High resolution digital (recommended approximately 4650 x 5850 pixels, but not mandatory).
- Include your last name in the file name ie LastName_Heron_Maplewood.jpg
- Picture must be taken within the last 2 years at the Conservation Area at Maplewood Flats
- Birds, wildlife or other fauna, flora, or landscapes must be featured
- Cropping, sharpening, color correction and exposure manipulation are acceptable
- Include name, email, and contact information.
- Confirm that the image was taken by the photographer and is property of the photographer
- Must be a member-in-good-standing of the Wild Bird Trust of BC – join online here wildbirdtrust.org/become-a-member ($15-500), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is Saturday, September 3, 2021. NOW EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21st, 2021.